Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Delight to disdain

<sniff> <sniff>

This morning at office started with the a new malayalam music album: Keerthi Chakra. I added the songs to my iTunes collection, and pretty much jumped off my seat to see the names of the singers. Especially the name "Kailash Kher". Just mentioned his name in a blog yesterday, and a song sung by him in Malayalam? "Amazing", I thought. The rest of the artists had my next favorite: "Karthik" (Not my roommate, though he sings well). "Aha!", I was delighted!

Double clicked on Kaveri Nadiye. Karthik's voice reverberated. But then, familiarity came to the fore. "Kaaveri Nadiye..." echoed with "Pooncholai Kiliye..." from tamil movie Aran. Was abt to do more factor analysis when the great Shankar's (Bangan, Donkar) one time comment about Aran clicked: "Unga Mohanlal thaa nadichirukkan"... "Worst", I thought. And yes, both movies have "Joshua Sreedhar" as music director... "Suthamada"... So much so for the height of anticipation for a new Kailash Kher song...

3 Comments:

At 8:40 AM, Blogger vishy said...

btw listen to the song " Padakali Chendi chengari" from yodhaa.. ARRs malayalam score.. it got realsed in 92 I think.. surprisingly I never new he scored for a mallu film until recently..

 
At 12:40 PM, Blogger Sreeram said...

@Viswa
Its an age old song, and yes! a good one. Have heard it a thousand timesm, may be :)
Try listening to the rest of the songs from the movie.

 
At 4:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmm...never heard of this malayalam album.where can i find that album?kailash kher is one of my favorit singers..his voice is mesmerising !!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home